Chemistry Admissions Contacts:
Admissions Contact: Academic Program Coordinator, Phone: 517-353-1092
Admissions Contact Email Address: email@example.com
- For Fall 2023 admissions; Domestic students have a deadline of December 15th, 2022 to submit a completed application file. Applications that are submitted by December 15th have will receive priority reviewing, along with being considered for fellowship nominations.
- Applications submitted after December 15th, will be reviewed accordingly.
How to Apply
STEP 1 - Chemistry Applicant Datasheet (Submit only once):
Fill out at https://www2.chemistry.msu.edu/graduate/apply/#/type/domestic
STEP 2- MSU Graduate Application (contact us before starting your University application)
Fill out the MSU Graduate Application. Application major Chemistry (Doctoral) (College of Natural Science) (we do not accept admissions into the Master’s Program).
View the Graduate Applicant Slate Instructions PDF file for step-by-step instructions on how to submit a University application (not all questions will pertain to graduate admissions).
Once you have created a University application, please email the Chemistry admissions office chemistryadmissions AT chemistry DOT msu DOT edu the following required documents.
- Upload unofficial transcript(s) in your Graduate Education Student Portal - these are considered unofficial transcript(s) and are for evaluation purposes only.
- Should you be offered admittance, we MUST have an official sealed and stamped bachelor’s degree transcript. Not submitting this information will cause delay for your admittance by the University.
- Please note that if you are admitted and have not received a degree granting transcript, you will need to mail your official degree granting transcript to the MSU Office of Admissions by the end of Fall semester
- Minimum of 3 Recommendation Letters
- Academic Purpose
- Personal Statement/Statement of Purpose
- GRE General Score - not required for admission to the chemistry graduate program but recommended
- GRE Subject Score - not required for admission to the chemistry graduate program but recommended
Should you be admitted - transcript Information must be mailed to:
Michigan State University
Hannah Administration Building
426 Auditorium Road, Room 250
East Lansing MI 48824-2604
Applications are accepted for Fall Semester, Ph.D. program only.
We do not accept applications for Spring or Summer Semester, or Master's program.
Your application status will not change within your graduate portal, until a decision has been made on your application.