EHS Chemistry Safety Officer
Chemistry Office: 332A Chemistry
EHS Office: Giltner Hall - Room 164
Please contact David directly for the following:
- New research requiring EHS approval
- Injury in laboratory
- General Questions/Comments
Please contact EHS office if:
- David is unavailable in Chemistry
- Immediate action is required
- Radioactive approvals, biological safety approvals, and laser safety approvals
If you have safety concerns in Chemistry, please contact your representative on the Chemical Safety Committee or EHS above.
Committee Members 2020-21:
- Xuefei Huang, Associate Chair for Research
- Rob Maleczka, Department Chair (ex-officio)
- Aaron Odom, Inorganic Chemistry rep. – Committee Chair
- Gary Blanchard, Analytical Chemistry rep.
- Jetze Tepe, Organic Chemistry rep.
- Warren Beck, Physical Chemistry rep.
- Dan Holmes, Specialist rep.
- Arzoo Chhabra, Graduate Student rep.
- Jordyn Bryce, Undergraduate Student rep.
- Genevieve Cottrell, EHS rep.
- David Hurst, EHS Chemistry Safety Officer
- Brianna Davis, General Chemistry Teaching rep.
- Brenda Minott, Chemistry rep./Department Administrator
- Bob Rasico, Chemistry rep./Operations Engineer
- Dave Voss, Organic Chemistry Teaching rep.
Ad hoc members:
- Eric Hegg, CNS
- Kevin Eisenbeis, EHS
- J.R. Haywood, Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA)
Procedures to follow when an emergency occurs in the Chemistry Department, including how to evacuate the building.
Laboratory Safety is the responsibility of EVERYONE in the laboratory. But most importantly it is YOUR responsibility to dress properly and work safely.