Are you looking for MSU DEI links?
- MSU Our Commitment statement.
- MSU Compliance Progress related to the Affordable Care Act, Clery act and Title IX?
- MSU Office of Institutional Equity (OIE)
- MSU The Green Folder.
- MSU Know More Survey Report (November 2019)
- MSU Prevention, Outreach and Education Department.
- List of MSU Support Services.
- MSU Center for Survivors.
- MSU Mandatory Reporter Policy Information and Guide.
- MSU Inclusion and Intercultural Initiatives.
- LBGTRC related resources.
- Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities (RCPD).
- MSU Office for International Students and Scholars (OISS).
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Program MSU website
- Center for Gender in Global Context
- Office of Cultural and Academic Transitions (OCAT)
- Most Recent MSU Demographics Report.
- Most Recent NatSci Demographics.
- Connect with MSU Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS).
CAPS Helping Students in Distress Presentation Resources
- Outreach Services: Submit an online outreach request for someone from CAPS to come share information focusing on awareness, education, prevention and early intervention regarding a variety of topics relevant to collegiate mental health.
Suicide Prevention Resources
- Trevor Project (LGBTQ Suicide Resources)
- Learn Psychology: Mental Health and Well-Being for College Students
- JED Foundation; Transition Year Program
- Mental Health America: Life on Campus
- National Alliance of Mental Illness: Managing a Mental Health Condition in College
- National Institute of Mental Illness: Depression and College Students
- Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine: Mental Health Resources for Adolescents and Young Adults
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- American Association of Suicidology
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- QPR Institute
- Student Health Services at Olin
- Psychological Clinic
- Couple and Family Therapy Clinic
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Are you looking for Course-related DEI information?
- Help with Inclusive Statements for class syllabi.
- Course related DEI Resources.
- Guidelines for writing Diversity Statements.
- Pronouns 101.
Are you looking for literature definitions and education/training opportunities?
- Local DEI Training Opportunities.
- Upcoming Teaching Essentials Workshops for MSU STEM Faculty.
- Diversity and Inclusion related Literature Articles and Definitions.
- National Academy of Sciences: The Science of Effective Mentorship in STEMM
- Challenges Faced by Black Nurses in the Profession: Q&A with an Advocate
Are you looking for American Chemical Society related DEI links?
- "Diversity, Inclusion and Respect: An Essential ELEMENT", American Chemical Society (ACS).
- ACS Divisions of Professional Relations.
- ACS Committee on Minority Affairs.
- ACS Committee on Members with Disabilities (CWD).
- ACS Gay and Transgender Chemists and Allies Subdivision (LGBTQ+).
- ACS Younger Chemists Committee (YCC).
- ACS Senior Chemists Committee (SCC).
- ACS Women Chemists Committee (WCC)
Are you looking for Literature Related to DEI in Chemistry/Science?
- OXIDE (Open Chemistry Collaborative in Diversity Equity)
"Diversity Landscape of the Chemical Sciences", a report by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- "Diversity in the Chemical Sciences", Anthony King, Chemistry World
- "Increasing Diversity in the Chemical Sciences: Experiences and Lessons", Luis A. Colon, ACS Symposium Series.
- "The Chemical Sciences and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion", Mehta, G.; Yam, V. W. W.; Krief, A.; Hope, H.; Matlin, S. A., Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 57(45), 2018.
- "Diversity Challenges in the Chemical Sciences", Matthews, P., Campaign for Science and Engineering, 2018.
- UNESCO: Cracking the Code: Girl's and Women's Education in STEM
ACS Chemical And Engineering News: 9 black chemists you should know about; These inventors, educators, and unsung heroes changed lives through their work in chemistry
New Scientist: Celebrating women of science this International Women's Day
Distillations: Using Stories from Science's Past to Understand Our World: For brothers William and Lawrence Knox, African American Chemistry, earning PhDs in chemistry was not enough to overcome discrimination.
Distillations: Using Stories from Science's Past to Understand Our World: Through the Lens of Disability: What possibilities might we be ignoring when we unquestioningly privilege sight as the primary pathway to knowledge about the natural world?
Distillations: Using Stories from Science's Past to Understand Our World: Disability and the Myth of the Independent Scientist.
Distillations: Using Stories from Science's Past to Understand Our World: Whose Knowledge Counts? Scientists with Cognitive Differences Why emphasizing intellectual achievement and scientific “genius” harms scientists with intellectual disabilities—and the rest of us.
Distillations: Using Stories from Science's Past to Understand Our World: The Invisible Woman: Katharine Burr Blodgett was the first female chemist hired by General Electric. Her work was truly invisible, deliberately so.
Distillations: Using Stories from Science's Past to Understand Our World: Mrs. Chemistry
Distillations: Using Stories from Science's Past to Understand Our World: Gertrude Elion, Biochemist With the curiosity of a scientist and the personal motivation of having lost family members to cancer and bacterial infection, Elion fulfilled a vital role in the fight against disease.
Distillations: Using Stories from Science's Past to Understand Our World: Science and Disability: Scientists with disabilities have frequently faced intolerance and prejudice in their careers. A new project at the Institute’s Center for Oral History seeks to tell their stories.
Are you looking for ways to get involved in DEI initiatives?
- Get Involved in Cultivating a Safe and Inclusive Campus Community.
- Become a Sexual Assault Crisis Intervention Advocate (SACI).
Are you looking to report a violation?
- Connect with the Office of the University Ombudsperson.
- Connect with the NatSci Faculty Excellence Advocate and Sexual Abuse/Harrassment Liaison.
- Report a Title IX violation.
- Report a University Anti-Discrimination Policy (ADP) violation.
- Report a Policy on Relationship Violence and Sexual Misconduct (RVSM) violation.