Mac OS / OS X
- Download the Apple OS X / Mac OS Pulse Secure DMG.
- Mount the Installer DMG
When your computer finishes downloading the installer file, it will prompt you to either "Open with" or "Save File." Choose to Open with DiskImageMounter (default) to run the installer.
Note: Your computer may be setup to automatically just save the file to your Downloads folder. Check there if you're not prompted to open the installer to install the application.
Double-click the .pkg file to open the Installer, then click Continue:
Choose the location for the install and click Install:
Enter your OS X/macOS Administrator Credentials and click Install Software:
Comple the Installation by clicking on Close:
Open Pulse Secure by finding the Pulse Secure icon in the menu bar, click it and choose Open Pulse Secure:
- Click on the plus sign (+) in the bottom left corner of the Connections dialog to define the VPN connection:
- Type should default to "UAC or SSL-VPN" (if it does not, select it from the options).
- Choose a name for the VPN connection in the Name section (maybe use MSU Chemistry VPN).
- Enter sslvpn.chemistry.msu.edu in the Server URL section.
- Click on Add:
- Start the VPN Connection by clicking Connect:
- Enter your CHEMISTRY username and password.
- You should now be connected. To disconnect, click the Pulse Secure icon in the menu bar, click the Chemistry VPN item and then click on Disconnect:
- The VPN may warn you if your session lasts a very long time; the Extend Session item seen here may be used to prolong your VPN usage if you recieve a warning that your session is about to expire.