- Graduate Student Stipend
All graduate students receive a full stipend that is broken down into a bi-weekly paycheck. The stipend amount is determined on a yearly basis.
- Applying for Financial Aid
Graduate students are able to apply for financial aid should they feel the need to do so. The Chemistry Department does not process financial aid, therefore all financial aid questions should be directed to the MSU Office of Admissions.
- Do I need Proof of Financial Support?
You do not need to upload any financial support/bank statements or information. The University and the Chemistry Department, do not need this information for Graduate applicants
- What are the statistics for students who usually receive fellowships?
All students admitted to the Chemistry graduate program receive support for five years, either as a Teaching Assistantship or a Research Assistantship. Fellowships are offered to some applicants and can be applied for at various times while the student is in the program.
- Is it common for graduate students to receive NSF funding? Is there adequate support for students who want to apply for funding or need help with writing grants?
NSF graduate fellowships are small in number and the competition is stiff. Faculty will help students write applications. We encourage students to apply but the most important thing is for them to make progress on their research.
- Is there support for students to attend conferences?
Yes, both through their advisor and through some resources available on campus.